Re: bug in jade??

Subject: Re: bug in jade??
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 09:21:34 -0400 (EDT)
> with modular docbook.dsl by Norman Walsh style-sheet

I'm going to be that this is the problem. Construction rules in one part
of a style-specification are more specific than any construction rule in
a subsequent part except when a mode is in use. That means that a

(default ....)

rule overrides every rule in a following style-specification rule (for
example). I could see how this would be non-intuitive in situations and
perhaps DSSSL should give you more control. You can use general text entities
instead of independent DSSSL style sheet documents to concatenate rules
without changing their relative specifity.

 Paul Prescod