Re: Desperate Questions: [1]Absolute-Child-Number

Subject: Re: Desperate Questions: [1]Absolute-Child-Number
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 17:04:33 -0400
W. Eliot Kimber wrote:

> At 11:47 AM 6/25/97 -0700, Joe English wrote:
> >Can you solve this problem with an architectural transformation?
>
> If JADE kept all the architectural instance groves in memory it would be
> possible to use any of them to do this sort of thing quickly and easily
> using the appropriate architectures.  However, JADE doesn't, so I can't.

I think that DSSSL itself would have to be extended to allow you to set
up construction rules based on various architectures. Conflicts been
construction rules for varoius architectures might be a problem. I think
this is what the transformation language was supposed to be for. You
could map all of those to a single element in the transformation.

 Paul Prescod