Re: API to formatters and grove engines

Subject: Re: API to formatters and grove engines
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 11:18:15 -0400
Jean-Xavier Lotthé wrote:
> Has someone in the list an example of a VB program using the standardized
> API to DSSSL formatters ?
> Is it, after all, even possible to access those API with VB ? Do I need to
> wait for a formatter OLE object to be available ?

Actually, I think what you are actually interested in is an API for the
style engine. I would consider a "formatter" to be the chunk of code
that takes a flow object tree and builds either a rendered view or a
file describing a rendered view. You really don't care about formatting.

It seems that what you need is an extension to the GroveBuilder OLE
Object that can run a stylesheet on a particular subtree.

 Paul Prescod