Re: display-size of parent flow object

Subject: Re: display-size of parent flow object
From: James Clark <jjc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 09:16:53 +0000
At 12:01 11/07/97 MSD, Alexander Taranov wrote:

>Is it possible in DSSSL to get display-size of parent
>object?
>I mean something like
>
>(make <some container FO>
>  (make external-graphics
>	max-width: <display-size of my container>
>	system-id: "FOO.EPS"))
>
>A far as i inderstand (display-size) can only give me
>length-spec of value FO.

(display-size) gives you the display-size of the value FO, but the
display-size of a displayed flow object is the width of the container it is
filling.  For example, if you have a displayed external-graphic inside a
simple-page-sequence, the display-size for the graphic will be the width of
the page less the sum of the left and right margins.

>Or maybe it is possible to construct an object of the
>type length-spec which is based on actual length?
>something like (make-length-spec 500pt) ?

Anywhere you can use a length-spec, you can use a length. You don't need
(make-length-spec 500pt); just use 500pt.

James