Re: data contents of formatting-instruction

Subject: Re: data contents of formatting-instruction
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 15:52:39 -0400
JR van Ossenbruggen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I must be missing something obvious, but I cannot get anything
> in a formatting-instruction except a plain, single string.

I don't know what you are missing, but this works fine for me:

<!doctype style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style
Sheet//EN">
(declare-flow-object-class formatting-instruction
  "UNREGISTERED::James Clark//Flow Object
Class::formatting-instruction")

(element style-specification
    (make formatting-instruction
         data: (attribute-string "ID")))

jade -t sgml test.dsl

(note that the stylesheet is both the input document and the stylesheet)

> For example, the following does not work:
>
> (element foo
>         (make formatting-instruction
>                 data: (attribute-string "bar")
>         )
> )

I suspect you are having a problem with (attribute-string "bar"). Try
using (debug) to look at it.

 Paul Prescod