Re: Paragraph breaks

Subject: Re: Paragraph breaks
From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 16:46:27 +0200 (MET DST)
James Clark wrote:

> That's exactly the sort of thing general-indirect-sosofo is for.  The
> generated objects passed as arguments to general-indirect-sosofo would
> come from the page-number procedure, and the procedure passed as an
> argument would take the list of numbers, remove duplicates and return a
> sosofo.  It would probably be worthwhile having a
> number-list-indirect-sosofo procedure (similar to
> number-indirect-sosofo) specially for this to avoid requiring
> general-indirect-sosofo. With such a procedure, I would have thought
> this could be implemented in TeX. It couldn't unfortunately be done in
> RTF (unless you were willing to do some postprocessing with Visual Basic
> macros).

And can we hope for number-list-indirect-sosofo in jade ? If this would
enable backend-independent index processing, it would be very valuable.
But on a second thought, it will be impossible to implement unless the
backends feed back the page-number information to the style engine, no ?

Regards, Matthias