Re: Paragraph breaks

Subject: Re: Paragraph breaks
From: Sebastian Rahtz <s.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 09:46:46 +0100 (BST)
 > texindex, xindy...) to extract indexing entries from a TeX-generated
 > auxilliary producing a new TeX file which can be input during another
 > pass to set the index.
 >
 > It looks to me as though jadetex needs hooks for this, but it seems
 > like the sort of thing Sebastian would be doing.  Am I missing something?

It would obviously be easy to add a new flow object `index-entry', but
it would be nightmarish to define its syntax. Anyone who has used
`makeindex' will know the complications that area available, and I
suspect even that is not a complete set.

I suppose something like

  (make index-entry
          index-under: "foo"
           (literal "bar"))

works, but can someone suggest how sub and sub-sub entries would look?

Sebastian