Matching any element

Subject: Matching any element
From: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 21:39:42 -0500
I didn't see one in my examination of patterns (match-element?), but I was
wondering if there is a built-in element-type wildcard such that I can do a
pattern that will match elements of any type with a particular attribute
value.

For example, I'm trying to define architecture-based processing by
processing all elements in a list of a particular form, i.e., whose
archform naming attribute has a particular value (e.g., hytime="clink").  I
didn't see a direct way to do this with the match-type functions.

I can write my own process-matching-children function to do this, but I was
hoping I could avoid it.

Thanks,

Eliot