Re: index.htm or index.html?

Subject: Re: index.htm or index.html?
From: Norman Walsh <norm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 10:03:10 -0400
Norman Walsh <norm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > dbhtml01 assumes an index file named "index.htm", and our web server
> > looks for "index.html" as the default file for a directory.  Could or
> > should the default extension and the default basename be made
> > variables that can be overridden?
>
> Coincidentally, I made that change last night.

Sigh.

My appologies for this message, and the one that will follow shortly.
I thought I was replying directly to Tony but didn't notice that
he'd sent his message to me from DSSSLlist-owner.  (Tony, don't _do_
that! ;-)

So much for not publishing version 0.2 of the HTML style sheet.
Since it will shortly appear as a whalloping big UUEncoded file,
you're all invited to give it a whirl.  And sorry about the
bandwidth, I wouldn't have done it this way if I'd known...heck,
I wouldn't have done it at all! ;-)

--norm