Re: Line spacing in Jade

Subject: Re: Line spacing in Jade
From: Daniel Speck <dspeck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 09:20:15 -0400
James Clark wrote:

> Daniel Speck wrote:
>
> > So, does anyone else have an idea of how to go about specifying
> > characteristics in a (make ...) expression using a list instead of
> > specifying each characteristic explicitly in the (make ...)?
>
> It can't be done.

This would seem to be a place a fairly major restriction on DSSSL style
specifications. For my application, I was trying to build up a list of
characteristics specified as attribute values on my SGML document. If an
attribute is not specified in the document I don't want a characteristic
specified in the (make paragraph ...). I am using the Rainbow 2.5 DTD
and thought it would be easy to transform documents coded using this DTD
to RTF but now it seems to be very difficult. Any thoughts?

-dan

--
Daniel Speck                              e-mail: dspeck@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Research Engineer                          voice:     +1 301.548.7818