Re: Line spacing in Jade

Subject: Re: Line spacing in Jade
From: Chris Maden <crism@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 15:12:00 -0400
[Paul Prescod]
> If the default size is 6pt wouldn't the result be correct? Or is the
> default size something else? And what exactly do you mean by default
> size? RTF's default size or a default size you set up using
> declare-initial-value or something else?

DSSSL's default, of 12 pt.  I worked around the problem with:

(element title (make paragraph
		     font-weight: 'bold
		     font-size: (* (inherited-font-size) 2)
		     line-spacing: (* (inherited-line-spacing) 2)))

Tony's suggestion of setting a min-leading characteristic also would
have worked, I think, but I want paragraphs with smaller fonts to
shrink their line spacing correspondingly.  (Really, what I should do
is write a function that always correlates font-size and
line-spacing...

(define (scale-lines scale-factor)
	font-size: (* (inherited-font-size) scale-factor)
	line-spacing: (* (inherited-line-spacing) scale-factor))

(element title (make paragraph
		     font-weight: 'bold
		     (scale-lines 2)))

Hmm... except that doesn't work.  Can a procedure give multiple
characteristic names and values?)

-Chris