Re: DSSSL extensions for XSL

Subject: Re: DSSSL extensions for XSL
From: James Clark <jjc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 15:59:53 +0700
Frank Christoph wrote:

> > An upwards-only continuation is one that can only be used to return to a
> > stack frame in the current call chain. When the call/cc call that
> > created a continuation has returned, the continuation can no longer be
> > called.
>
> Then that's call/ec.

I've never come across that name.  What Scheme systems provide a
procedure named call/ec?

> I don't think it makes sense to call this "upwards-only"

I didn't make this term up; I'm only using the terminlogy that I've come
across in the Scheme community.  The Kawa docs use this term, and that's
certainly not the only place I've come across it.  It makes a certain
amount of sense to me because the limitation on upwards-only
continuations is that they can only be used to return up the stack.

James