Re: Scaling inline images

Subject: Re: Scaling inline images
From: James Clark <jjc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 10:05:16 +0700
Richard Light wrote:

> In message <8411-Thu06Nov1997145404+0000-s.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Sebastian Rahtz <s.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> >Richard Light writes:
> > >
> > > Am I right in thinking that inlined images (external-graphic flow
> > > objects) cannot be scaled in Jade?  I have tried the scale:
> > > characteristic with values between 0 and 1 (which is what I assume the
> > > standard intends), but to no avail.
> >
> >external-graphic scaling certainly does work. i have spent some
> >unpleasant times in the TeX backend macros supporting it. i even
> >tested it once. i can't find an example, though....
>
> I'm using the RTF back-end, so maybe my question is specific to that.

Jade uses the INCLUDEPICTURE field instruction which doesn't provide a
way to do scaling.  The alternative would be use use some OLE magic and
include the picture as a bitmap, but that would work only on Windows and
wouldn't take advantage of Word's graphic filters.

One way to fix this might be to generate in addition to the RTF a VB
macro that would fix the scaling of the pictures.

James