Assign Element Value to Variable

Subject: Assign Element Value to Variable
From: PSPARKES@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 17:45:20 +0000
     Help Please

     1. I wish to output the following fragment with the contents of <TI2>
     before <TI1>:

     <Title>
     <TI1>Slow=set aq. Bituminous emulsion contg. Alkaline soln. Of anionic
     emulsifier</TI1>
     <TI2>Which is the reaction prod. of base and poly:carboxylic acid; or
     anhydride reaction prod. of unsatd. Fatty acid and or rosin=derived
     resin acid, etc.</TI2>
     <AIT>AQUEOUS</AIT>
     <STT>EMULSIFY</STT>
     <STT>REACT</STT>
     </Title>

     2. However, I can't get the following code to work, which I amended
     from the code on Daniel German's tutorial where it works.

      (let ((x
         (data (select-elements (children (if (equal? (gi) "Title")
                                              (current-node)
                                            (ancestor "Title")))
                                '(TI2))))
      )
      if x ends in "." drop it. then concatenate ":"
         (string-append  ":"     )
         )
       )

     (element Title
         (make paragraph
             start-indent:          .3cm
             space-before:           .3cm
             font-weight:            'bold
        (literal (*groupName*))
             (process-children)))

     (element (Title TI1)
         (make paragraph
             space-before:           .5cm
             start-indent:          .5cm
             font-weight:          'bold
             (process-children)))

     3. The reordering works, but *groupName* only contains ":". Please,
     what am I doing wrong and is there a better way of doing it?

     Peter Sparkes