Re: Splitting Documents

Subject: Re: Splitting Documents
From: Chris Maden <crism@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 10:22:18 -0500
[Kirby James]
>  Does DSSSL (or jade) provide a mechanism which allows you (me?)  to
>  split a document into separate files (and to provide an index)?

I think the best solution, right now, is to use the SGML back-end,
with the Jade-specific "entity" flow object.  This does mean,
unfortunately, that you can not use the same stylesheet to make RTF
and HTML, but except in a controlled environment, the HTML back-end
probably isn't a good idea due to its reliance on CSS capability.

This is the Right Way to make HTML, but this is the Wrong World, and
no browsers yet have CSS implemented correctly.

-Chris