Re: your annotated DSSSL Style Sheet...

Subject: Re: your annotated DSSSL Style Sheet...
From: Norman Walsh <norm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 15:39:46 -0500
/ Bill Raynor <braynor@xxxxxxx> was heard to say:
[...]
| In your replies to Jordi Mulet, your customized DTD has the line:
| > <!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//nwalsh//DTD Annotated DSSSL Style Sheet V1.0//EN" [

Aaauuuurrgggghhh!

I knew I was going to do that eventually.  You can just replace
the public identifier with the proper one and discard the tags
that come between <style-sheet> and <style-specification>.

FWIW, I use the extra tags in a batch file that I use to call
Jade and in an Adept command file.  The batch file uses the
<backend> tags to figure out what the default backend should be
if I don't specify one and the Adept command file uses the
titles and backends to make a nice little "one click" menu
choice for formatting documents with Jade in Adept.

Sorry for the confusion.  If you're interested, here's the DTD:

<!-- A DTD for annotated DSSSL Style Sheets.  The public identifier for
     this is

     "-//nwalsh//DTD Annotated DSSSL Style Sheet V1.0//EN"

     The annotations in this stylesheet are the human-readable title, and
     information about which backends are supported.
-->

<!element style-sheet o o (title?, doctype*, backend*, style-specification,
			   (external-specification|style-specification)*)>
<!attlist style-sheet
	userchoice (yes|no) "yes"

<!element style-specification o o (style-specification-body)>
<!attlist style-specification
  id id #implied
  use idrefs #implied

<!element title - - (#PCDATA)>

<!element doctype - o EMPTY>
<!attlist doctype
	pubid	CDATA	#IMPLIED
	sysid	CDATA	#IMPLIED

<!element backend - o EMPTY>
<!attlist backend
	name	(rtf|sgml|tex) #REQUIRED
	default	(true|false)	"false"
	fragid	CDATA	#IMPLIED
	options	CDATA	#IMPLIED
        supported (yes|no) "yes"

<!element style-specification-body o o (#pcdata)>
<!attlist style-specification-body
  content entity #conref

<!element external-specification - o empty>
<!attlist external-specification
  id id #required
  document entity #required
  specid name #implied

<?IS10744 ArcBase DSSSL>
<!NOTATION DSSSL   PUBLIC "ISO/IEC 10179:1996//NOTATION
                   DSSSL Architecture Definition Document//EN"
                -- A document architecture conforming to the
                   Architectural Form Definition Requirements of
                   ISO/IEC 10744.     --

<!ATTLIST #NOTATION DSSSL
                            -- Support attributes for all architectures --
  ArcQuant CDATA #FIXED "NAMELEN 64"
  ArcDTD CDATA #FIXED "%DSSSLDTD"
  ArcDocF NAME #FIXED dsssl-specification
  ArcDataF NAME #FIXED dsssl-specification

<!ENTITY % DSSSLDTD PUBLIC
 "ISO/IEC 10179:1996//DTD DSSSL Architecture//EN"