RE: character substitution. Solution

Subject: RE: character substitution. Solution
From: "Pawson, David" <DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 10:18:54 +0100
The following solution works to substitute at the character level.
Many thanks to Tom for his response, clear, concise and accurate.

I have combined it with a 'stretch' function which
expands 01733 into 0 1 7 3 3, to enable the speech
synth to speak it as seperate digits.

Tony.
Will try to generalise and put something in for the cookbook later.

DaveP

;
;  Substituttion.
;
(define (subst nl)
  (let loop ((charnodes nl)(result (empty-sosofo)))
    (let* ((firstchar (node-list-first charnodes)))
      (cond
        ((node-list-empty? firstchar) result)
        ((not (equal? 'data-char (node-property 'classnm firstchar)))
         (loop (node-list-rest charnodes)
               (sosofo-append result (process-node-list firstchar))))
        (#t (let* ((charval (node-property 'char firstchar))
                   (replacement (cond ((equal? charval #\-) #\,)
                                      ((equal? charval #\)) #\,)
                                      ((equal? charval #\() #f)
                                      (#t charval))))
              (loop (node-list-rest charnodes)