Re: SGML to RTF and back to SGML

Subject: Re: SGML to RTF and back to SGML
From: Chris Maden <crism@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 19:05:17 -0400 (EDT)
[Tom Anderson]
> So far the missing link is to get STYLE's into the JADE rtf files.
>
> (element gentitle
>     (make paragraph
>         lines:        'asis
>         space-before: 12pt
>         font-size:	  10pt
>         font-weight:  'bold
>         quadding:     'center
>        (make formatting-instruction
> 	data: "\s20\qc\nowidctlpar\intbl\adjustright")
>         (literal (case-fold-up (data (current-node))))
> 		(empty-sosofo)))

The formatting-instruction flow object isn't meaningful in a paragraph
context.  At best, you'll get that content literally in the file, but
within the paragraph's {} content.

You'll need to do what I do to get tagged MIF: (ab)use the SGML
back-end, and manually create all of the relevant RTF.  This will not
be pretty, but it will work.  (Until the next version of Word comes
out.)

HTH,
Chris