Trying to Use SUBDOC (to solve Difficult Problem)

Subject: Trying to Use SUBDOC (to solve Difficult Problem)
From: Chuck Darney <cdarney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 09:04:46 -0400
Hi Again All;
  I'm still trying to get around the problem I've been having (stated
again below) and want to try using SUBDOCs.  There doesn't seem to be
much info on this.  I've included the samples I'm using to test.

  I changed the SGML declaration to say "SUBDOC YES" but I now get a
Jade error saying:
 JADE "FORMAL" invalid: only number and parameter separators allowed
 JADE cannot continue because of previous errors

Does the FORMAL statement in the SGML declaration need to chagne as
well?  To what?

  I'm trying to process document instances that can have several values
for a given text entity. I'm using Adept 7 to create document fragments
(file entities) and for development.  A front-end developed in-house
determines which text blocks are needed and the values for the text
entities to be used in those text blocks.  It then produces a file that
is run through the Jade processor to produce a RTF document.

SUBDOCs might not be the best thing to use, but it may be the only way
to do what I need to do.

Thanks...Chuck Darney
...cdarney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*************************
***File run through Jade processor
*************************

<!DOCTYPE CGIDELIV SYSTEM 'c:\engine\CGIDELIV.DTD' [
<!ENTITY TST1 SYSTEM 'E:\TST1.SGM' SUBDOC>
<!ENTITY TST2 SYSTEM 'E:\TST2.SGM' SUBDOC>
<!ENTITY TST3 SYSTEM 'E:\TST3.SGM' SUBDOC>
<!ENTITY TST4 SYSTEM 'E:\TST4.SGM' SUBDOC>
]>
<cgideliv Type = Policy>
&TST1;
&TST2;
&TST3;
&TST4;
</cgideliv>

*************************
***One of the SUBDOCs (others are identical except 'CLASS_ID' changed)
*************************

<!DOCTYPE CGIDELIV SYSTEM 'c:\engine\CGIDELIV.DTD' [
<!ENTITY NSDCL015.001 SYSTEM 'h:\$sgmltxt\md_tl\NSDCL\NSDCL015.001'>
<!ENTITY CLASS_ID '1'>
]>
<cgideliv Type = Policy>
&NSDCL015.001;
</cgideliv>

*************************
*** file reference in the SUBDOC  file entity
*************************

<!-- Fragment document type declaration subset:
ArborText, Inc., 1988-1998, v.4001
<!DOCTYPE CGIDELIV PUBLIC "CIGNA Group Insurance//DTD CGI
Deliverables//EN">
-->
<fragref>NSDCL015.001</fragref>
<nonstand>
<title>ADEA IS NONE FOR BASIC AND/OR VOLUNTARY LIFE FOR CLASS
&CLASS_ID;</title>
instructions.</p>
</nonstand>