Re: jadetex/entities/unicode

Subject: Re: jadetex/entities/unicode
From: Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 09:05:36 -0400
| see such a thing in this millenium. In the meanwhile, I for one cannot
| typeset a list of MathML entities - lord knows how they made the
| little gifs for the MathML report.[1]

For my DocBook book, I've just gone through the task of building
a tool that builds glyphs from Unicode characters (assuming you
have a reasonable font, of course).  Mostly it's a combination
of Perl (to build an appropriate PS file) and
Ghostscript+netpbm.

My plan is to include a table that shows (one possible) mapping
From the ISO character entities included in DocBook to Unicode
characters, including a sample glyph.  I plan to use Everson
Mono as the font for the glyphs, though I'm waiting final
approval from the author.

You're welcome to it, if you wish.  Attached is a sample: U-03C0.

GIF image