Re: Page x of 000

Subject: Re: Page x of 000
From: "Jack Fitzpatrick" <jfitzpatrick@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 16:42:36 +0000
This worked for me when the page header was constructed on the root element:

(sosofo-append
       (literal "Page "
       (page-number-sosofo)
       (literal " of ")
       (with-mode node-page
            (process-node-list
                  (node-list-last (select-elements
                              (descendants (current-node)) "SIG")))))

... assuming there can be multiple SIG children.
I define "node-page" mode simply as:

(mode node-page
     (default (current-node-page-number-sosofo)))

Even if I didn't know that "SIG" was the last element, I should still be
able to make this work by processing the LAST content node in the document
(last character?).  Does anyone know how to do that?  I tried:

(node-list-last (descendants (current-node)))

But that didn't work--got "Page 1 of r".  What's "r"?

Jack Fitzpatrick
ADP
Milwaukie OR  USA