Re: element content

Subject: Re: element content
From: Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 13:58:07 -0500
| You have received several useful answers, but I have a question, for
| you or for anybody else...
|
| How do you decide between using (data (current-node)) and using
| (process-children) to get the character data?

I generally try to avoid (data) unless I really need the content
in a string (to stuff it in an attribute in the SGML back end,
to print it in an error message, to shift it to upper/lower
case, etc.).

Since you lose all internal markup with (data),
(process-children) usually seems like a better choice...

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm
--
Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>      | DNA neither cares nor knows. DNA