Re: strange tag problem with jade

Subject: Re: strange tag problem with jade
From: hanche+dsssl-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 07:24:56 +0100
- "Andreas Rittershofer" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

| I'm the following problem with jade:
|
| my *.dsl - file seems to work ok, but in the
| resulting HTML-code, the tags are structured like this:

| and so on.

That's a feature, not a bug.  What jade is doing here is trying to
avoid adding whitespace of its own to any of the elements in the
output.  It could do that simply by outputting

but then you might end up with very long lines instead, plus the
output is harder to read for a human, if any human ever wished to do
so.  Hence the solution of adding a newline just before each `>'.

| The additional CR/LF confuses the browser, I get no table.

Then your browser is broken.  This is valid HTML.

| How to change this behavior?

Don't know, but someone else might.  Try to upgrade your browser
first, if at all possible.

- Harald