Help - how do I pass tags through Jade into HTML output

Subject: Help - how do I pass tags through Jade into HTML output
From: Mark Burton <markb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 12:25:44 GMT
Hi,

when generating HTML from DocBook using jade (with -t sgml option) I
find that the following entity definition doesn't work as I expect:

<!ENTITY MORE CDATA "<span style='background: red'>MORE REQUIRED HERE</span>">

What happens is that the <'s get turned into &lt; and all the stuff in
double quotes appears as visible text in the resulting HTML instead of
the capitalised text appearing with a red background.

OK, so the <span> tags aren't being processed as DocBook, which is
good, but why are the <'s getting escaped?

Can someone please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Many thanks,

Mark