Re: Line Break and global varaibles

Subject: Re: Line Break and global varaibles
From: Mike Sosteric <mikes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 13:27:40 -0700 (Mountain Standard Time)

thanks for the response

    W> I suspect that lines: 'as-is or 'as-is-wrap will give you the
    W> output you want as long as you also output record ends at the
    W> appropriate place, e.g.:

    W>     (process-node-list FNAME) (literal "&#RE;")

Did I say the output file was RTF. THis doesn't appear to be working but it looks
like it might if the output was HTML.

    W> I like the way you've used let to find the nodes you want to
    W> process, looks about as efficient as it can be, considering
    W> that you're not necessarily processing things in source order
    W> (if you were, you could just use normal element rules).

This is more of a headache than it appears to be worth since I can't seem
to get it straight. I can comment out lines

(element (RESOURCEGROUP AUTHOR NAME)
 (let (	(FNAME (select-elements (children (current-node))"FIRST"))
	(LNAME (select-elements (children (current-node))"LAST"))
;	(ORG (select-elements (parent (current-node))"ORGANISATION"))
;	(DIV (select-elements (parent (current-node))"DIVISION"))
;	(nEMAIL (select-elements (parent (current-node))"EMAIL"))
       )

and still get ORGANISATION, DIVISION and EMAIL OUTPUT, but in the order they appear in the doc
instance. I must be missing something fundamental about DSSSL processing.

I do have one specific question. Are there other form of this constructin

(LNAME (select-elements (children (current-node))"LAST"))

is is possible to replace current-node with the name of a node like
like

(let (
     (LNAME (select-elements (children (AUTHNAME))"FIRST"))

instead of current-node??

mike

--
Mike Sosteric <mikes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>       Editor, EJS <http://www.sociology.org/>