Meaning of the language characterisc with a #f value ? (pb with jadetex)

Subject: Meaning of the language characterisc with a #f value ? (pb with jadetex)
From: kubek@xxxxxxxxxxxx (kubek)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 18:00:22 +0100
Hi,
	I'm giving a try to the jadetex backend in order to get pdf
output, and get a problem with the language characteristic.

	I have some part of my documents that I don't want associated
to any language, mainly in order to avoid spelling error notification
when using the rtf backend. e.g.
	(element email
		(make paragraph
		   language: #f))

	However, the tex backend emits some strange character when such a
false characteristic is encountered.

	{\def\Language%
		{}}

	I wonder if this problem comes from a jadetex backend failure
or if I misunderstood the meaning of the language characteristic (i.e.
no language is associated to the flow object when its value is
false). But surely the both are true ....

J.-M. Kubek
Computing Center
INSA Toulouse