RE: How to include graphics in RTF page headers using jade 1.2.1 and db133

Subject: RE: How to include graphics in RTF page headers using jade 1.2.1 and db133
From: Avi Kivity <Avi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 18:32:23 +0200
On Friday, February 05, 1999 17:15, Richard Kunze [SMTP:kunze@xxxxxxxx]
wrote:

> So finally my question: Is there a way to include the contents of a
> file
> *verbatim*, without further processing by the backend, or does
> anyone know of
> any other way to include graphics in page headers using the RTF
> backend?

I use the following system:

1. Reduce (via a script) all graphics to a common format acceptable to all
backends. I use .bmp, which is ok for html and rtf (don't know about tex).
The SGML points to the original, vector format; the style sheet just appends
".bmp" to the system-id and makes an external-graphic.

2. After the rtf is generated, I run a script which (calls Word to) pull in
the references and generate embedded graphics. It also does a few other
things like update those '000' page numbers and convert the file to the .doc
format.

I have no idea if the resulting .doc file would include the graphic multiple
times or not, but it's worth trying. Word may optimize multiple inclusions
of a single file, or it may not.

My motivation for all this is OLE, which (a) is not supported by HTML and
(b) requires lots of software to be installed on the viewer's platform.
Converting everything to .bmp solves this nicely. I'm not sure, however, how
to do it with .eps or for tex.

- Avi