About the new HTML macros

Subject: About the new HTML macros
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 21:25:02 -0500
Hi Tony,

I saw with a concrete example why namespaces are important. The keyword
"style" is a reserved keyword for DSSSL and so it is for HTML 4.0. Thus, we
have a collision and this is why I got the bug with Jade (there is still a
need to resolve the bug because someone else could create the same bug).
Thus, we should introduce here the notion of name space. So, for example
"html-style" wont be confounded with the dsssl "style" keyword. Also, the
identification to a html formatting object would be clearer that way. I
modify the dsl file and I will pursue the experiment with a name space
notation like html-style. I am also tempted to use html:style because xml
already define name spaces as id:name we could then leverage the knowledge
we have with XML. But first I have to check the parsing rule if that is not
causing any harm. What do you think about using name space notation a la
XML?

Regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx