Re: Indent problem

Subject: Re: Indent problem
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 12:43:16 -0500 (EST)
At 16 Feb 1999 21:55 -0500, Didier PH Martin wrote:
 > Here is the problem: I want to display a SGML or XML document with markups
 > displayed with their properties and the content displayed in these markups.
 > Actually, The included script that does that but the problem is to indent
 > the markups to show the markups hierarchical relationships. Each markup is a
 > paragraph object. I need to set the "start-indent" property to a value that
 > reflect the markup position within the hierarchy. So that it would be
 > possible to see the markups hierarchy and their content.

start-indent is an inherited characteristic, so merely increment the
inherited start-indent.

The following is untested, but it just changes your sosofo-append to a
display-group with a specified start-indent characteristic (plus moves
the specification for the paragraph flow object containing the
children inside the test for must-omit-end-tag?):

(default
  (make display-group
    start-indent: (+ (inherited-start-indent) 1pi)
    (make paragraph
      color: sea-green-color
      (literal
       "<"
       (gi (current-node))
       (copy-attributes (current-node) (string-append "  "))
       ">"))
    (if (node-property 'must-omit-end-tag?   (current-node))
        (empty-sosofo)
	(sosofo-append
	 (make paragraph
	   lines: 'asis
	   (process-children))
	 (make paragraph
	   color: sea-green-color
	   (literal
	    "</"
	    (gi (current-node))
	    ">"))))))

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632