RE: Future of DSSSL: What about PDF?

Subject: RE: Future of DSSSL: What about PDF?
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 20:18:01 -0500
Hi Avi,

I am trying to understand if your answer is: Yes it is useful or no it is
not and here is why.

About what you said:

a) A jade derived engine can have attached "back-ends", as you know,
actually we there is output in: MIF, RTF, Tex, HTML, XML and SGML. However,
to obtain a PDF document you need a Tex to PDF converter. Here is the
process:

document--->Dsssl engine (jade based)---->Tex------>TexPdf------>pdf

So the question now is: is this process more useful?

document----->dsssl engine (jade based)----->pdf

Or said differently, if an environment provide direct PDF production from a
DSSSL script, is this useful or not?

Regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx