Re: postscript

Subject: Re: postscript
From: Richard Kunze <kunze@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 15:17:51 +0100
On Wed, 24 Mar 1999,  Jany Quintardy wrote:
>We used jade and a custom postscript backend (actually a lout backend) to
>output postscript from SGML. This was really basic and uncomplete and we
>are now looking for a more complete (and standard) postscript backend for
>jade.
>Does anyone know if this exists ?

I'm using jade's TeX backend to generate PostScript: Jade outputs TeX which is
turned into DVI by jadetex which is passed to dvips to generate PS. Quite a
long toolchain, but every tool in this chain is reliable (and free!) and you
get TeX's excellent typesetting quality in the bargain.

Best regards,

	Richard
--
Richard Kunze