Re: Jade: conversion time

Subject: Re: Jade: conversion time
From: Guillaume Rouchy <rouchyg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:17:30 +0100
Norman Walsh wrote:

> | Actually I don't know much about DSSSL, I am using the stylesheets provided
> | by Norman Walsh (http://nwalsh.com) for the Docbook DTD (I am using the
> | XML version of this DTD). My XML are very simple and not big at all (only
> | few kilobytes). Thanks for the tip...
>
> Can you post your XML? If you can run the print stylesheet and
> let me know how long that takes, that would also be helpful.

The file I used to make the test conversion is attached.
Here are the results:
    HTML generation: 1 minute 01 second
    RTF generation: 1 minute 10 seconds !!

And my file is only 3kB !!
Title: Personnel
]> Processing Team P<?Pub Caret1?>rocessing Team Name Position Email Phone Name1 Position1 Email1 Phone1 Name2 Position2 Email2 Phone2
<userinput id="clientName" role="Text">Client</userinput> Team Client Team Name Position Email Phone Someone Something mail 6347 Another one Something else mail2 55516 Last one position email 843454