RE: About the source library

Subject: RE: About the source library
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:55:16 -0400
Hi Sebastian,

<Comment>
let me get this straight; you would end up with an archtecture in
which I could remove the DSSSL script processor, insert an XSL one,
but still use a TeX backend? now there is indeed a worthy project. I
want one.
</Comment>

<reply>
You get it. This is exactly the intent. Also, an other benefit is to use a
DSSSL engine on a permanent grove like you actually have with ODI Excellon.
On Win32 I made some test with Win2000 and used memory mapped files on
sparse files and obtained a growable memory mapped grove. Thus having all
the benefit of the memory mapped file (speed) and also have advantages of a
classical file (growable). But I do not know how to do that on Unix.
Sebastian, there is a chance you'll be a lot better to figure how to do that
on Unix than me :-)
</reply>

regards
Didier PH Martin