Jade FAQ sorely needed

Subject: Jade FAQ sorely needed
From: Frank Wegmann <wegmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 99 22:11:54 +0200
As some of you are actually on the way for an improved Jade this
would also be the right
moment to establish a FAQ for installing/using Jade (in its current
form as well as in its future
yet-to-be-shaped form).

I did't yet work too much with Jade, but felt a FAQ would be very
valuable to newcomers.
Some very good work has been done already (e.g. the tutorial by
Prescod and especially
the Documentation Project hosted at Mulberry), but material
typically covered in a FAQ
is not always (or easily) found. This is what I think should be
handled by a FAQ:

* General Aspects
  What's Jade? in general, with regard to CSS/XSL/XFO... - what's
implemented?

* Installation Issues
  The Easy Way - How To Compile Yourself (hey, nobody told me about
how to compile on my NeXT,
  but it works!)
  How To Configure a Working Environment (here I see a chance for
the Debian guys to step in
  with some remarks..)

* Using Jade
  How to use the backends - some common scenarios (got XML/SGML, now
where is the HTML output?),
  Common Pitfalls

* DSSSL
  (*not* intended to interfere with DSSSL Doc Project etc.)
  Expression Language - Transformation Language - The Standard (uh oh)
  Typical Constructs Needed and Used
  Workarounds for features not (yet) implemented

Well, this is not thoroughly reviewed, just popping off my mind, sorry.
Nevertheless I think it would be a contribution to the community and
attractive for newcomers.
If people appreciate this idea, I would gladly step in as a
maintainer and even start writing
some items (if some of you are willing to correct my non-native English).

Any comments?

Frank Wegmann