Re: About the source library

Subject: Re: About the source library
From: Adam Di Carlo <adam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01 May 1999 14:38:55 -0400
Joerg Wittenberger <Joerg.Wittenberger@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I *guess* there is some flaw in jade making it so slow.  At least the
> backend interface is a design flaw I can hardly live with.

I'm actually not sure whether it's jade, or an implementational flaw
in the DSSSL spec.

BTW, I've used Joerg's sdc -- it's very good and fast, although since
it doesn't understand DSSSL, any additional DTD style support has to
be written from scratch.

Joerg's been wondering and asking what to do with SDC.  I recommended
he develop a true grove engine and perhaps add on XSL capability to it
(and maybe DSSSL later).  I don't know if a grove-based engine would
make all the performance gains, and code simplicity disappear.  It's
definately a 'community' project rather than an 'individual' project.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>