RE: The DSSSList Digest V3 #48

Subject: RE: The DSSSList Digest V3 #48
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 10:57:14 -0400
Hi Eliot,

[long post....]

Thanks for the precisions. This is also why SGML can go further than XML and
why Hytime can go further than XLink/CXPointer. A subset is not as powerful
as the full set.

The competition comment was not based on technical virtues but on the actual
mind share. Actually, W3C byproducts are taking a lot of mind share and a
lot of people forget other "standard" especially those from ISO.

By the way, Eliot, You'll be happy to learn that I am working on a topic map
interpreter and I discovered that the Hytime varlink is quite versatile.

PS: when your book about Hytime and linking will be ready? There are days
when such book would have been welcomed. You know, the Hytime spec is not
what I would call user friendly ;-)

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx