RE: Documentation for DSSSL

Subject: RE: Documentation for DSSSL
From: DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:48:21 +0100
 Ralph Ferris wrote:
>This paper, however, doesn't include a description of the
>Scheme "utility"
>functions (e.g., string->number) that are important to writing
>functions
>for style sheets. Since, as Brandon Ibach pointed out, DSSSL
>by no means
>uses all of Scheme, a write up on Scheme Programming *for* DSSSL looks
>pretty fundamental. And I wouldn't wait for a whole book on DSSSL to be
>written before getting this information out.

The 'utility' I started to look for, and failed, when down at the
bottom of my learning curve, was some 'code' I could use
to play with these utility functions.

I had a scheme interpreter, yet I couldnt' isolate the
DSSSL utilities to find out what they did, how they worked.

How to have an 'include' that will allow me to play with these
(perhaps even the (parent ) (process-children) etc) in
a more 'normal' scheme environment with its associated
tools, debuggers etc.
A compromise is to do it within a simple stylesheet, but
I felt a little more 'within my depth' using (my preference)
Edscheme, since I found this also helped with the eternal
((((((( problem. Or was it )))))))?  :-)

Can it be done?
Is the scheme code from jade 'extractable' to be used
in another scheme environment.

DaveP