RE: CASE problems

Subject: RE: CASE problems
From: MARK.WROTH@xxxxxxxxxxx (Wroth, Mark)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 17:38:54 -0700
I'll make the experiment tonight; fortunately, Tony's suggestion (use of
select-elements) has rendered it a matter of intellectual curiosity rather
than desperate need.
------------------------------

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:33:53 +0200
From: Avi Kivity <Avi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: CASE problems (in The DSSSList Digest V3 #81)

On Thursday, June 24, 1999 00:52, MARK.WROTH@xxxxxxxxxxx
[SMTP:MARK.WROTH@xxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> >[SMTP:MARK.WROTH@xxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> >> The core statement is a case, basically
> >>
> >>   (case (attribute-string "DEC")
> >>     (("reg") (code to print the item))
> >>     (("rtn") (empty-sosofo))
> >>     (("pend")(empty-sosofo))
> >>     ((#f)    (debugging code))
> >>   )
> >>

> >Do you get "rtn" or "RTN"? I always get attribute values
> >uppercased.
>
> I get "rtn" (without the quotes).  Thinking that this might be the
> problem,
> one of the things I did to try to fix it was to uppercase the string
> in the
> case statement (i.e. use (("RTN")... instead of (("rtn")... ); it
> did not
> change the behavior of the system.

Ugh! Try substituting "rtn" in the case key (for "(attribute-string ...)").
If that works, then there probably is a silly mistake in the debug code; you
aren't printing what you're testing (is the attribute "DEC" or "DECISION"?).