Re: The DSSSL Cookbook

Subject: Re: The DSSSL Cookbook
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 23:32:28 -0400 (EST)
At 28 Jun 1999 13:35 -0400, Darrell W. Royter wrote:
 > I recently came across the DSSSL Cookbook. It contains quite a bit of
 > helpful information, but it was written in 1998. I was wondering if a newer

I would prefer to think of it as being last updated in 1998.

 > version exists somewhere? Is there more documentation like the cookbook
 > elsewhere?

The material in the DSSSL Documentation Project available at
http://www.mulberrytech.com/dsssl/dsssldoc includes:

 - The DSSSL Cookbook

   A collection of tips for getting results with DSSSL.

 - The DSSSL Procedure Library

   Collected procedures that you can reuse.

 - The DSSSL Handbook

   The outline for a book on DSSSL.  The only parts written so far are
   a tutorial on the simple-page-sequence flow object class and a
   section on groves.

 - Flow Object Gallery

   An early idea of illustrations of the flow object classes and their
   properties.  The only entry is the simple-page-sequence flow object
   class.

 - DSSSL Glossary

   Glossary of DSSSL-related terms.

 - Core Expression Language

   A tutorial on the Core Expression Language.

Contributions to the DSSSL Documentation Project are all too rare but
are always welcome, and contributors are acknowledged both in the
documents to which they contribute and in the contributors page on the
web site.

Didier Martin has some original material and pointers to other
material on the OpenJade web site at http://www.netfolder.com/DSSSL/.

Robin Cover maintains a DSSSL page (along with a lot of other SGML/XML
material) at http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/dsssl.html

Frank Wegmann is working on a DSSSL FAQ, and JP Theberge has set up an
auto-faq to collect FAQ questions and answers at
http://trisome.com/auto_faq/jade_Dsssl/

If you want to give as well as receive DSSSL help, the auto-faq is a
good place to start.

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632