Re: flow object classes

Subject: Re: flow object classes
From: Daniel Speck <dspeck@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 11:20:00 -0400
I think the problem is that Holger is trying to use the non-standard flow object
classes associated with the SGML backend, e.g., (make element ...). You need to
declare these classes in your DSSSL specification before you can use them. The
Jade documentation for the non-standard SGML backend provides details but
basically you need to add at the top of your style specification declarations
like:

(declare-flow-object-class element
  "UNREGISTERED::James Clark//Flow Object Class::element")
(declare-flow-object-class empty-element
  "UNREGISTERED::James Clark//Flow Object Class::empty-element")

-dan

Didier PH Martin wrote:

> Hi Holger,
>
> This should not be the case. Paul is using the most common DSSSL objects.
> The paragraph object is even supported in more than one backend rendition
> format like rtf, HTML+CSS, Tex. This is the most basic element.
>
> The problem is most probably elsewhere.
>
> There are several resources about DSSSL that may help you at:
> http://www.netfolder.com/DSSSL/
>
> regards
> Didier PH Martin
> mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.netfolder.com

Daniel Speck
Bureau of National Affairs, Inc.               Voice: +1 202.452.6596
1231 25th Street, NW                             Fax: +1 202.331.5178
Washington, DC 20037                          e-mail:  dspeck@xxxxxxx