Transformation language

Subject: Transformation language
From: Jose Luis Sierra Rodriguez <jlsierra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 22:22:24 +0200
Hi.

I am currently working on DSSSL Transformation Language (a
hard work, because I have failed  to find a runable implementation).
Anyway I have a question about subgrove sharing in the result grove.
It arises when you need to fix two different nodal properties to the
same subgrove. For instance, a subgrove associated with a subelement
including an attribute of type 'ID' should be value of  a node of the
'content'
property of the parent element, but also of a node of the 'elements'
property
in the 'sgml document' node. The same situation arises when you need to
specify
the value for a 'referent' property for a node of 'attribute value
token' class
(in this case the value of the property would be the root of a subgrove
which
is value of another nodal property -'content' or 'document element' and,

maybe, 'element'-).
I am unable to see how describe such multiple 'creation origins' in the
DSSSL
transformation language. Anybody could give me a solution?.

Thanks in advance

Jose-Luis

--
Jose-Luis Sierra-Rodriguez
Dpto. Sistemas Informaticos |Room:  452 (Fac. Matematicas)