Re: About Constructions rules

Subject: Re: About Constructions rules
From: Matthias Clasen <clasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:10:56 +0200

> [transformation language]
> > >    So, OpenJade architects, what do you think of trying this?  Can you
> > > see a place for it in OpenJade?
> >
> > Yes, definitively, but maybe as a separate program built upon the same
> > libs (libsp, libgrove, libspgrove).
> >

> It would be useful to have it in the same program, so you can run a single
> job composed of multiple transformations and a single formatting on a source
> document, without the overhead of writing the sgml and parsing it:

Yes it would be useful, but also more complicated and error-prone.
If we break jade into components, we could have an external grove manager,
and could have the transformation engine talk to the grove manager to create a
grove which could then be reused by the style engine without the intermediate step of
writing the grove out to an sgml file.

> jade -t postscript -d indexer.dtl -d whatever.dtl -d remove.secret.stuff.dtl
> -d convert.to.docbook.dtl -d style.dsl source.sgml
> (Doesn't the dsssl architecture support this in style-sheets?)

Yes.

--
Matthias Clasen,
Tel. 0761/203-5606