Complex transformations using Jade

Subject: Complex transformations using Jade
From: "joseph, Gershon" <Gershon_joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 10:45:25 +0300
Has anyone done complex SGML transformations using Jade? I spent a day
investigating using Jade to transform a flat RTF-like instance to a DocBook
like instance. The problem is that, while source instance has all elements
at the same level (para), the target must have elements inside elements,
e.g., title and para inside section. I have started to write this
transformation in Omnimark, but would prefer a standards-based solution if
it is possible.

Is the transformation side of DSSSL, for which there is not yet an engine,
capable of this type of transformation, or is it like XSLT, meant for
preparing an instance for formatting, and not full-bore complex
transformations?

Gershon.

Gershon Leib Joseph
DOCUMENTATION TECHNOLOGIES MANAGER