Re: Complex transformations using Jade

Subject: Re: Complex transformations using Jade
From: Reyes Garcia Rosado <reyes.garcia@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 14:00:50 +0200
At 10:45 02.08.99 +0300, you wrote:
>Has anyone done complex SGML transformations using Jade? I spent a day
>investigating using Jade to transform a flat RTF-like instance to a DocBook
>like instance. The problem is that, while source instance has all elements
>at the same level (para), the target must have elements inside elements,
>e.g., title and para inside section. I have started to write this
>transformation in Omnimark, but would prefer a standards-based solution if
>it is possible.
>
>Is the transformation side of DSSSL, for which there is not yet an engine,
>capable of this type of transformation, or is it like XSLT, meant for
>preparing an instance for formatting, and not full-bore complex
>transformations?
>
>Gershon.
>
>Gershon Leib Joseph
>DOCUMENTATION TECHNOLOGIES MANAGER
>Comverse Network Systems
>Tel: +972-3-645-2001
>Fax: +972-3-645-4088
>email: gershon_joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Geshon, I'm not sure, I haven't understood what do you want.
But I have work with DSSSL and I have make a SGML instance from anther
instance (with differents DTD's). I have make a little documentation about
the comands that I have use and I have comment the dsl file. If you need
somethng like this, I think I can help you.

Regards,
	  Reyes