Re: emitting comments

Subject: Re: emitting comments
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 22:27:43 +0100 (BST)
> And a small advantage of dsssl over xsl is that you can derive a dtd
> for your style-sheets from the dsssl architecture which uses cdata declared
> content for the style-specification-body to avoid the whole problem.
> xml doesn't allow that. Or is this impossible for some reason ?

Yes, you can, but what has never really been clear to me was _why_ dsssl
was defined as an sgml application rather than a lisp-ish one.
I know that as defined some of the top level forms require SGML notation
But would it have been impossible for those to have used lisp syntax
too? What was the overriding reason for having dsssl as an sgml
architecture at all?

David