Re: About XML to multiple language/multiple outputs

Subject: Re: About XML to multiple language/multiple outputs
From: Matthias Clasen <clasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 17:34:23 +0200

> Hi Matthias,
>
> Didier said:
> > The transformation part of the DSSSL-1 specifications was never
> implemented.
>
> Matthias said:
> This is no longer true, due to the release of DSC-2.0.
>
> Didier says:
> Yes we can say that a validating DSSSL parser implements the transformation
> part of DSSSL but do not actually manipulate real groves. So, we cannot test

The situation is better than you think, Didier. What you say was
true for dsc 1.0, I think. But the README for dsc 2.0 says:

  This package provides an offline syntax checker for DSSSL style and
  transform specifications.  It maps from specification bodies
  (i.e. sequences of expression language forms) to a reordered
  normalised form thereof, suitable for subsequent implementation.

  It provides an interpreted environment for exploring DSSSL code.

  It provides a proof-of-concept implementation of the DSSSL
  transformation language.

The data/ subdir contains some examples of transformation-specifications,
but I must admit that I have not tried any transformations yet, since I
didn't succeed in building dsc under RH 6.0 (I didn't try very hard though).

--
Matthias Clasen,
Tel. 0761/203-5606