RE: Interesting problem

Subject: RE: Interesting problem
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:40:15 -0400
Hi Kai,

Didier PH Martin <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> A very interesting problem has been posted on the XSL list. How would we
> resolve it in DSSSL. I'll take the best solution from both world and
publish
> it.

Kai said:
He, the only reason I didn't ask the question here is that the DSSSL
standard is quite long and I was sure I had overlooked something that
could transform a sosofo into a string, or that could extract the
textual content of an element as a string.

(I was the one asking the question on the XSL list, in case this
wasn't clear from the above.)

Didier says:
Yes but this also gives us to have an objective point of compraison and a
way to do some usability study. People said on top of their hat that DSSSL
is harder than XSL. Let's find if there is objective truth in this
assertion. The best way is to compare both solutions applied to a particular
problem. The problem you stated is a good example for a comparison.

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com