RE: About OpenJade and Debian

Subject: RE: About OpenJade and Debian
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:34:33 -0400
Hi Adam,

Didier said:
> Thanks Adam for the precision. Is the Debian doc itself based on LinuxDoc
or
> Docbook?

Adam said:
The question isn't really meaningful.  Debian accepts documentation
written in *whatever*.

Didier says:
Yes but it was for me. Now I now that Debian accept documentation written in
*whatever. So, it will be ok if we provide the documentation for OpenJade in
HTML :-)

Adam said:
Our primary internal documentation format uses our own DTD and
Perl/SGMLspm based SGML system (could be in DSSSL though!) called
debiandoc, which is mostly linuxdoc v1 but with some additional tags
for packages and such.

Didier says:
Adam, can you send me a copy of a document written in debiandoc (with DTD,
etc...) So that I can take a look at it and make a DSSSL script. If you
promise me that if it does the job you'll use it instead of Perl/SGMLspm ;-)

Adam said:
However, Debian includes a complete SGML toolchain.  I personally do
most of my documentation in DocBook/SGML.  I also have some custom XML
DTDs and DocBook DSSSL/DTD extensions that I use for work.  All this
activity is well-supported in Debian, which includes system entity and
catalog management capabilities.

Didier says:
No doubts about it. The point is: it would be fun if part of (or the
totality) the Debian documentation would be worked with DSSSL. ;-). So, you
send me a debiandoc document (with DTD etc...). Norman did already the job
for docbook (thank Norman for your contribution).

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com