[no subject]

From: Matthias Clasen <clasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:25:48 +0200
We are currently implementing character properties in OpenJade.
Here is a related question to the collected wisdom of the list:

How should the following cases be treated ?

1)	<style-specification id=p1 use=p2>

	(declare-characteristic foo "foo" #f)

	(declare-char-characteristic+property foo "foo" #f)

2)	(declare-characteristic use "foo" #f)

3)	(declare-characteristic foo "foo" #f)
	(declare-char-characteristic+property force!foo "blah" #f)

I think the standard remains silent on all three. I tend to say:

1) No conflict, allow normal overriding behaviour since ICs and NICs
   share a namespace.

2) Conflict, forbid redefining use:, label: and content-map:

3) No idea.

--
Matthias Clasen,
Tel. 0761/203-5606