RE: Jade validation options

Subject: RE: Jade validation options
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 22:35:26 -0400
Hi Paul,

> Paul Said:
> - ----------------------------------------------------------------
>      Is it possible to turn off validation in Jade?  It seems like a lot
of
> overhead if it is not necessary.
>
> Didier answer:
> - ----------------------------------------------------------------
> You bet you can!
>
> here is a way to do it (for a xml document):
> openjade -wnovalid -d "myscript" -t html xml.dcl mydoc.xml.

Paul said:
     Thanks, but I was referring to James Clark's original Jade.  His
application does not appear to have that option.  When I run Jade with that
option, I get the following message:
'unknown warning type "novalid"'.

I am using the version of Jade packaged with Arbortext Epic v1.0.  Is the
option
to turn off validation only available in OpenJade?

Didier answer:
Paul, I just learned something. I didn't knew that Jade was included in the
Abortext package. About the "-wnovalid" switch it depends on which version
of Jade they are using. If it is a relatively recent version this should
work because, all SP parser switches are simply passed through SP by Jade.
The "wnovalid" switch is a SP switch. Or maybe this is the SP package
included which is not recent enough. James included the wnovalid switch in
SP quite recently. Conclusion: this could be caused because the SP dll is
too old or because the Jade exe is too old. A more recent Jade version
should work (we just kept this option in OpenJade and made it more
explicit). Maybe you can try to replace the jade package by a more recent
one or tell the Arbortext people to update their software ( and let them
know that Openjade exist).

You may try some parsing switches all documented at:

http://www.netfolder.com/OpenJade

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx